Question about a hexahedrite

Hello list,

just a question to the experts, after my explanation:

I have the option to add a small nice crusted partslice to my private
collection of 84 locations, which would represent the first hexahedrite
in the complete set.

Now this type is known to be textured with Neumann lines when properly
treated.

The sample which I have got to look at and decide whether to buy or send
back is a small 35 g crusted partslice of the GUADALUPE y CALVO
meteorite (the famous dog bowl meteorite), with sawmarks on one side and
being etched/polished on the other side. Unfortunately I cannot see ANY
Neumann lines AT ALL. It just looks like some sort of ataxite, not as
dull as e.g. my 25 g Hoba slice, but it somehow resembles it.

Now here is my question: SHOULD it show Neumann lines, or is that not
typical for the GyC meteorite? The finish of the piece in question seems
to be very well done, but has there also been a good etch? BTW: the
collector offering the specimen asks about USD 2.20/g, which seems quite
ok for this type.

PS: in Bob Haag´s catalog on page 11 there is a picture of GyC nicely
displaying Neumann lines. This fianlly made me requesting your thoughts
about it... Many thanks!

Alex
Alexander Seidel        N 53.5932 E 9.4683  6m asl
Stade/Germany           Fon/Fax   (+49) 4141 68772