Care of shattercones

Hello all!

Today I would like to share with you how to improve your shattercone
collection (for those of you who collect shattercones) with a new killer look.

I have an extensive collection of shattercones from the Charlevoix crater
here in the province of Quebec, Canada. For those of you who wonder, the
Charlevoix crater is 54km in diameter.

Even after cleaning my specimens, the shattercones had a dull look and I
was saying to myself that their was probably a way of optimizing the looks
of my shattercones. The following techniques cannot be applied to any kind
of shattercones, this technique must be used with shattercone that are
already grey to dark grey in collor.

All you need is vegetable or olive oil and a cloth. Take a small amount of
oil and put it on to your shattercone surface, then rub it with your dry
cloth making sure that the entire surface is being covered with oil (don't
forget the hard to reach places like in between the linear shock lines).
Once your shattercone specimen is fully treated whipe it dry with a dry
cloth. You might have to start this procedure twice has your shattercone
will dry you might find out that you missed some spots.

I will have pictures of my shattercones on my web site soon and you will be
able to SEE THE DIFFERENCE!!! Once this technique done your shattercones
will become pitch black giving amazing contrast for the linear shock lines.

Feedbacks and questions? Please feel free to contact me

Please accept my apologies if my written english is not perfect, since I'm
a french speaking person.

Merci!!!

Gaetan Cormier - Meteorites
555, 28th Avenue, apt#401