Tektites are the Third Type of Meteorite!

Hello List,

In my never ending pursuit to feret out misinformation I found this.  Here is
a guy selling tektites as "silica meteorites."  He also classfies tektites as
"astronomy" vs. "terrestrial."  When I tried to explain to him the error he
told me he could provide "a reference" which would prove their lunar origin.
He also told me there are three types of meteorites: Iron, stone, and
"silica."

Would someone please make a note of this for the 3rd edition of RFS.

-Walter

http://members.tripod.com/~temmons100/mete5065.htm