Re: Tektites are the Third Type of Meteorite!

Walter wrote:
>In my never ending pursuit to feret out misinformation I found this.  Here is
>a guy selling tektites as "silica meteorites."  He also classfies tektites as
>"astronomy" vs. "terrestrial."  When I tried to explain to him the error he
>told me he could provide "a reference" which would prove their lunar origin.

Hmmm. I hate to beat a dead horse (or mule or cow), but I have encountered
this same situation many times. Often, the "reference" I am provided is
something by either Nininger, or O'Keefe. However, in one case, a rock shop
dealer brought out a NASA publication from either the late 60's or early
70's. It said the that basically, tektites could be of lunar origin, and
sounded much like O'keefe's research.

Walter, if there is an "error" in the lunar-origin theory of tektites, then
why do you think there was such reluctance by some on this List to accept
my statement about O'keefe's research being less popular when compared to
other origins of tektites?

Sincerely,

Martin