Stimulating questions

Hello list,

Some very interesting questions have arisen for which I offer no answers but which have stimulated more questions.

Review of my view of our Solar system formation:
(I call it my view because in earlier discussions, some listers gave the impression that the solar system just suddenly existed- that all of the planets must have been there at the same time exerting influence over others.)

Background:   (not the focus of discussion, yet.)

  That first there were 2 or 3 planets that coalesced - then another and so on.  In this view, there is room for the possibility that the asteroid belt existed as a planet BEFORE Jupiter ever existed as such, therefore eliminating the dreaded humongous gravitational influence of the Jovian sphere which would have prevented the coalescence of a planets at the orbital location of the asteroid belt.

Focus:  (Following the popular belief that the asteroid belt never coalesced into a planet:)   After the planets congealed and began settling down, left over debris was grabbed up by each of the planets - like picking players for a baseball team.  The rejects then form their own team but can't quite
'get it together' (they are, after all, rejects).

My questions:

My thought:  If one now factors back into the equation the possibility that the asteroid was a planet originally, having since undergone a catastrophic hit, all these questions seem to be answered.

Just some thoughts.
Best regards,
Julia