Re: Deep Impact

Daedmen wrote:
>  Ebert gave this 2 1/2 stars in Chicago Sun Times today. I do not often go by
critics reviews but his convinced me to see this on tape rather than the Big
Screen.
Dear List Members,
	I have to agree with Jim -  seeing it on "the big screen" is worth the
cost of amission - well, at least worth a matinee or "discount day"
fare. Movie critics almost always have SOME ax to grind - it wasn't this
or that, they could have done such 'n such, blah blah, quack quack. I
thought the worst aspect was how slow the fireball passed by observers.
	Also, has anyone on the list read the book, "Lucifer's Hammer" about a
giant asteroid striking the earth? I read it many years before I started
collecting meteorites - it was very amusing - I suspect it has
influenced several movies, such as the other one about to be released
(where a mad surfer is riding the didal wave through the skyscrapers)
and STRONGLY influenced "The Postman," much of which could have come
strait from that book.
	Look foreward to hearing the reactions of others to "Deep Impact."
	Best wishes, Michael