Re: Type 3 chondrules

Hello Martin and the list,

You've been making some interesting observations of type 3 material. It
would seem to indicate that the accretion of chondritic material in the
early nebula was an ongoing process of accretion, impact, mixing and
re-accretion. The broken fragments you describe would not appear to be a
breccia as we would normally understand it, but they do imply impacts of
already accreted material being mixed in with the reservoir of
chondrules and matrix material. Given the chaotic events of the time,
it's not hard to understand.

I would enjoy receiving a copy of your photo to see the material you've
described.

Gene