Re: Type 3 chondrules

Bernd wrote:
>Rolf also has quite an interesting photograph of DaG 313 nicely showing
>what Martin painstakingly described.

>Here is the URL: http://www.meteorite.ch/dag016.jpg

Thank you for the link Bernd. While the above link shows a slice of the
chondrite providing some detail of the overall chondrule size and density,
the picture I offer is a detailed closeup showing a region of about 2cm by
1cm in area. When I first looked at the slice, I tried to wipe off the
little fragment thinking something was stuck to the surface of the specimen.

Looking at the slice in my picture, I wonder how a broken fragment could
mesh into a chondrite region which has avoided most metamorphic processes.
Assuming the material was brought together at about the same time, and then
suffered the same trials afterwards, how could such perfectly formed
chondrules be mixed with such unweathered rock fragments unless the
fragments were floating around in the chondrule mix before it solidified
(or turned to stone however chondrites do it).

Are there other explainations for such a heterogeneous mixture in an
otherwise chondrule packed meteorite?  This does not look like brecciation,
more like someone dropped a spoon into the dough, and went ahead and baked
the bread anyway.

Martin

Follow-Ups: References: