Re: Cumberland Falls

Jim Hurley schrieb:

> To me, it looks like a carbonaceous meteoroid hit the aubrite regolith
> and this resulted.
>
> the forsterite chondrules look like they are made of translucent
> gray-green glass.
>
> faint greenish veins not visible to the naked eye

Hello Jim, hello List!

Here are some useful references:

The Cumberland Falls enstatite was analysed by A.M. Reid and A.J. Cohen,
GCA 31, 1967, p.661.

NEAL C.W. et al. (1981) Cumberland Falls chondritic inclusions:
Mineralogy/petrology of a forsterite chondrite suite (GCA 45,
2091-2107).

BINNS R.A. (1969) A chondritic inclusion of unique type in the
Cumberland Falls meteorite (In Meteorite Research, ed.  P.M. Millman,
pp. 696-704, D. Reidel, Dordrecht, Holland, 941 pp.).

Best wishes from Germany,

Bernd