Re: Tektites: Fossil record of Australasian impact?

Considering the size of an impact which would be required to produce the
Australasian strewn field, I'm wondering why,
in all of the books on tektites that I've read thus far, no mention is made of
any fossil record indicating an
extinction event of any size 770K years ago (the K/AR and fission track age of
the Australasian tektites).  Also,
assuming that glacial ice cores provide us with atmospheric data going back that
far (?), fallout from such an event
should be detectable.  If neither the fossil record nor glacial records provide
evidence of an impact, it would seem to
indicate that some extraterrestrial source for the tektites is far more likely.
Why haven't I seen any mention of this
obvious method in the literature?