Tektites: Hypthetical Terrestrial Ring & Possible Lunar Source Craters

Here are two questions regarding the (minority) lunar origin theory of
tektites.  If anyone can help, please let me know.  Thanks in advance!

1.) A news article published in the Sept./Oct. 1980 issue (pgs. 92-93)
of the defunct SCIENCE 80 magazine, titled "An Earthly Ring?" reports on
J.A. O'Keefe's (NASA Goddard) controversial theory of an Eocene tektite
ring around the Earth (the result, he claimed, of one or two lunar
volcanic events).  This was (and remains) an interesting theory
explaining not only several tektite strewn fields, but also some odd
Eocene weather patterns in the fossil record (supposedly created by the
hypothetical ring shadow although the Eocene-age Chesapeake Bay impact
may actually be the culprit unless it is related somehow to O'Keefe's
theory??).  Can anyone steer me to sources of published papers, by
O'Keefe et al, regarding the tektite ring theory?  The papers must have
appeared in scientific journals around late 1980 or early 1981.  I'm not
having any luck tracking them down.

2.) O'Keefe's book "Tektites and Their Origins" (Elsevier Scientific
Publishing Co., 1976) identifies possible lunar volcanic tektite-source
regions; he writes that they may be located in the Moon's "Eastern
Hemisphere"--both Near and Far Sides, and within a few degrees N and S
of the lunar equator--crater location and angle of escape velocity of
ejecta such that it would reach Earth, etc.  (This based on B.E. Shute's
"Dynamical Behavior of Ejecta from the Moon" in a 1966 Astronomical
Journal paper.)  No specific craters are mentioned by O'Keefe.  Has
anyone (O'Keefe?) ever identified hypothetical lunar tektite source
craters?

Lou Varricchio
Middlebury, vt.