RE: Louis Frank's 'Small Comets'

Listees,
Methinks there are good explanations for why there is no water on moon. The
boiling pt of water in a vacuum is extremely low, and given the moon's slow
orbit, there is ample time for it to vaporize and be lost.
A better question is, why isn't there more water on Mars?
Conditions are better for it to accumulate there (has atmosphere and lower
surface temps).

Wal

>>"They calculated that about 20 comets enter the atmosphere each minute.
>>At that rate, the steady stream of comets would have added about one inch
>>of water to the Earth's oceans every 20,000 years -- enough to fill the
>>oceans over billions of years. "

>If this is true for Earth, why does our moon not have an abundance of
>water?  Just curious.

That is a good question.  The opponents to the 'small comet' theory
have already pointed this out, that the Moon is a very dry place, and
would be expected to be much wetter if the comets are in the quantities
that Louis Frank is claiming.  Frank's typical response to all of the
evidence against his theory (of which is quite considerable now and
growing), is "that can't be right".

Ron Baalke