Re: Answer to Quiz

>-----------------------------
>In 1950 there was a car being driven on a PUBLIC street in St. Louis Missouri.
>A meteorite fell through the roof of the car and remained in the car.   Who
>has legal ownership of the rock?  The owner of the street (the city, county or
>state), the owner of the car, the driver of the car, or the Smithsonian due to
>confiscation rights under the Antiquities Act?
>------------------------------
>
>And the answer is:  St. Louis County (Missouri) holds legal ownership to the
>St. Louis meteorite.

Since the St. Louis Country has legal ownership of the meteorite, are they
legally liable for the damage to the car?

Also, since the meteorite made no physical contact with the street, a
case may be made that the owner of the car is the legal owner.  It
would make an interesting court case.

Thanks for the info, it is very interesting.  I just happen to have
a piece of the St. Louis meteorite in my collection, by the way.

Ron Baalke