Re: The Fight for Truth, Justice & the American Way, in Monahans!

In a message dated 5/29/98 11:57:35 AM Central Daylight Time,
BAALKE@kelvin.jpl.nasa.gov writes:

<<
 I'll ask the question again, it is a simple yes or no answer. Was
 the $208/gram price on Noblesville an auction price?

 Ron Baalke

Ron

 I will answer the question again, buy copying my response from my last email
to you:

------------------------
No, I am not saying that, but I am saying it is much higher than $1 a gram.
Probably closer to $5 to $10/g for that small of a total weight.  That price
on the Noblesville is at Casper's site.  No doubt it is a "retail" price.
--------------------------

So my answer is "No," since I told you that the price is the one listed at
Casper's site.  If you did not know this, Michael Casper is a Meteorite dealer
from Ithica New York and he has a web site at www.meteorites.com  He sells his
meteorites to mostly retail customers (but I suppose he sells some stuff at
wholesale too) and not by auction (as far as I know.)  As I understand, he has
sold several slices of the Noblesville and this is the last one he has for
sale.

Now Mr. Smarty Pants; I am going to ask YOU again, What meteorite FALLS (not
FINDS) do you know about that have a total known weight of around 2,500g (not
250,000g) that can be purchased for less than $1/g?  It is a simple question!

Steve