Re: The Fight for Truth, Justice & the American Way

Hello Julia, hello List:

> For all of our international members,  welcome to the 'American Way'.

You are welcoming the international members of this list to the current
affairs under the label of "The Fight for Truth, Justice & the American
Way". Isnīt it conspicuous that all those listies that you are
addressing seem to be so quiet these days.

Well, as for my part, I wholeheartedly agree to Phil Bagnallīs recent
statement, and in particular, the last sentence in it:

---begin quotation---

I would be very cautious about trying to bring legal action against the
city
authorities. It could cost a small fortune - far more than the meteorite
is
worth - and, on the basis of previous cases, I'd say you have little
chance of
succeeding. Even if you won the first round there could be endless
appeals and
it is likely that the national authorities would get involved in order
to prove
a point: the professionals are getting a little worried about the growth
in
private collections and the greed of certain traders.

---end quotation---

BTW:

(1) I also think that the Monahans finder boys should be compensated for
their find and their quick action with those valuable rocks, but in
quite a different way than with a bundle of greenbacks from people who
apparently have other thoughts in their mind.

(2) Appart from this, and focusing back on your original message, Julia,
I see a lot of advantages in the "American Way", and I always enjoy it
when being there...

Best regards, Alexander
Alexander Seidel          N 53.5932  E 9.4683  6m asl
Dankersstrasse 22         ---------------------------
D-21680 Stade, Germany    Fon/Fax    (+49) 4141 68772

Follow-Ups: References: