Re: THE REAL FIGHT

Steve and list members:

The visible and invisible lurkings of city authorities, a small fortune
in court costs, little chance of succeeding, endless appeals, the
possible regulation by national authorities, the greed of certain
traders, compensation for the boys for the Monahan find...  Steve this
is awesome!   You do have a raging battle on your hands.

However...

This is not just your battle.  It is a battle for the dealer(s) in
California, Michigan, Arizona, Utah, New Mexico, and all around the
United States.  If the same happened to me, as you, I would want and
expect   the meteorite community to rally for me 110%, because the
outcome affects us all, perhaps not immediately, but someday.  Maybe not
us, maybe our kids who will no doubt be interested in meteoritics, just
like we are.

Establishing precedence in law is phenomenally important to any cause,
and once it is set, is extremely difficult to overturn.  This is REALLY
important for all of us to sit up and take not just a passing notice of.

I would think that monetary support, or even "other"  ways of
intercession, would be important to each of us for you, and many of us
do care about not only fairness (which 'could' prevail)  but also
keeping  a stalwart face against  negative opposition because...

You don't know the outcome til you try.  And... You can't win a battle
you quit!

Sarah Kennedy
Jensan Scientifics