weekend trip

Hello all meteorite fans,
Me and my wife spent this weekend up at Holbrook and Meteor Crater. It
was quite a fun time, searching in vain for a small Holbrook. We found
the strewnfield and no sooner did we start searching, a cold front
arrived with 50 mile per hour winds, sleet, snow, rain and lots of
misery for me in my shorts! that is Arizona for you, weather man says
cool and a little wind with no precipitation! Anyway, we only searched
for 2 hours before the numbness drove us to the shelter of a great
Mexican food place in Holbrook. I later drove to Meteor Crater, where I
couldn't help myself from picking up a small 10 gram meteorite from the
access road past the crater.  Anyone going to Holbrook to hunt
meteorites needs to have a good magnet cane since almost every rock
there looks like a Holbrook meteorite!
Have a great day/night.
Mike Farmer

Archives located at: