Ninninger Moment

I really enjoyed the Ninninger Moment post as well.
Paul and I were at the crater last week and also at the ruin of his museum.
I wanted to relate something which I noticed recently and was dismayed
about. I have over the years wore out a couple of the USGS topo sheets for
Meteor Crater, Arizona so when I was ordering some others I ordered a
replacement for MC. I soon found that it was a recently updated version and
that though all the other ruins in the area were still on the map
Ninninger's ruin was not. Does anyone have an explanation, I have only some
creepy feeling that some pressure may have been applied by the land owners
to have it not included. Of course I have no justification for those
feeling. But, they ranchers never did like him and to discuss him at the
crater is a no no.

Hope everyone has a great week. Oh by the way we found no meteorites on our
three days of detecting but had a great time.

Jim Tobin
The Meteorite Exchange
www.meteorite.com
P.O.7000-455, Redondo Beach, CA 90277 USA

Archives located at:

For help, FAQ's and sub. info. visit: