Meteorite Mineral Sets I & II

I have a second set of "meteorite minerals" available for distribution.
These are mainly accessory minerals.  For convenience, I've listed both
Mineral Sets I and II below.  They are shipped in individual 1"
clear-padded mineral cases.

As a group, these minerals make great references when describing what
meteorites are made of.  Add an etched iron-meteorite and you have the
nickel-iron alloys (kamacite and taenite) covered as well!

1) Meteorite Mineral Set I - Most Common Meteorite Minerals ($18.00):

	- Olivine  (found in all chondrites, achondrites, and stony-irons)

	- Pyroxene  (major constituent of stony meteorites and mesosiderites)

	- Plagioclase (found in chondrites, achondrites, and mesosiderites)

	- Pyrrhotite (terrestrial troilite -- found in all meteorites)

	- Magnetite  (common in fusion crusts and carbonaceous chondrites)

	- Serpentine  (a hydrous mineral common in carbonaceous chondrites)

2) Meteorite Mineral Set II - Some Accessory Meteorite Minerals ($18.00):

	- Graphite (common accessory in irons - often occurs in nodules)

	- Sulfur (small amounts in carbonaceous chondrites)

	- Ilmenite (accessory mineral in chondrites and achondrites)

	- Pyrite (very small amounts in chondrites)

	- Gypsum (accessory in carbonaceous chondrites)

	- Calcite (limited amounts in carbonaceous chondrites)

Suggested References: The Minerals of Meteorites in "Meteorites" (Mason,
1962) & Mineralogy of Meteorite Groups (Rubin, 1997, Meteoritics and
Planetary Science, 32, 231-247).

Best Wishes,

Ed Albin

Archives located at: