Griffith Observatory: Meteorite & Tektite Collection

I recently saw the excellent meteorite and tektite exhibit at the
Griffith Observatory and Planetarium in Los Angeles, Calif. and highly
recommend it!  There's an interesting display about the Old Woman
meteorite found on the Lucerne Dry Lake in California.  Several superb
splash-form and Muong Nong tektites--from the Darryl Futrell
Collection--are also prominently placed.

If you're visiting the City of Angels, take the fun drive up Mt.
Hollywood to see this famous observatory (seen in several motion
pictures over the years).  Aside from the fabulous view of the L.A.
skyline, it's worth a visit just to see the exhibit of ET stones and
observe the prominence and sunspots on the "live" solar projection
screen (during daytime hours, naturally)!

Archives located at: