Re: Portales T.Y. and non-believers

Hello JJ, hello Kevin, Al, and List!

> The unfortunate letter Al M received targeting rogue dealers ...

The key-word here is   r o g u e   dealers. The astronomical community
is not opposed or hostile to meteorite dealers but has "grown weary" of
those dealers for whom meteorites have become big business.

> This is the second poison arrow fired at the meteorite "community".

They did not fire this poisonous arrow - it just "backfired" - it is a
boomerang tossed into the astronomical community by those "rogue"
dealers.

> I live in a "conservative", "religious" community ... These same
> folks treat my explanations of the origins of meteorites with
> mocking disdain.

Religious fervor leads to fanatism and blindness. Oh, yes, the old days
of Salem, Massachusetts.

> Reaching these people is as unlikely as Yassir Arafat celebrating Yom
> Kippur.

It is more likely to see Yassir Arafat celebrating Yom Kippur :-)

> The hyenas are barking at the gates and we got no bones to throw 'em.
> Let them starve.

Hyenas are diehard, stubborn animals but they are also clever and
cunning. As long as some among us never grow tired of throwin' 'em food,
they will be waiting patiently for their prey at the gates.

Best wishes,

Bernd

Archives located at:

For help, FAQ's and sub. info. visit: