Re: Portales

Thanks Geoff, I did succede. But just ask Bob Haag, I bought the first specimen,
then returned home with just enough for gas. A friend of mine, a Doctor, loaned me
$10,000 for the second trip. So I did succede on my first trip in getting a fresh
new meteorite. The second trip I bought more, then found one, succeding in another
goal. I could certainly sell this specimen fo ra premo price due to the beauty of
the piece and since I found it, it cost me nothing. But since i love meteorites
and am fascinated by them, Ill just keep it right here for now. Oh, by the way, it
will soon be on display on loan at the local planetarium for all to see a fresh
new meteorite. I am perfectly willing  to share my good fortune with the public. I
also have sold many pieces making some money along the way, one more nice little
prize formy work. My frined who put up the money only wanted a specimen for
himself, which he got 3 for his money and it allowed me to have cash in hand for
the meteorites when people came to sell. Please tell me how that is wrong in any
way if it is?
Thanks for the congrats. I did succede in Portales for my work. Several scientists
have Portales to study, many people now have specimens, and many specimens were
recovered fresh and un-weathered from the farmland where they fell. All has turned
out well so far. I hope to do it again some day.
Mike

Geoffcin@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 9/11/98 11:33:18 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
> farmerm@concentric.net writes:
>
> < Portales as an investment.>>
>
>   No that wasn't vague at all, it came through loud and clear.
>
> << I did not go there with any other purpose but to find or buy a
> fresh new meteorite, whatever it may be.>>
>
>  Mike,  really now,  who are you kidding??   you said quote; "so when you
> invest tens of thousands of other peoples and your own money, you do indeed
> tend to try and recover the principle and make some extra pretty quickly "
>

> <>
>
> Mea Culpa?  but your thinking I said there was something bad about
> this....please re-read my post
>
> << With your money, ill gladly wait until the meteorites are fully classified
> and studied before I crawl out of the sewer to sell them.
>  Thanks
>  Mike >>
>
> Please Mike,  your stories of how "poor and humble" you are, are getting as
> old as Clinton's apologies.   You obviously went there with one thing in mind,
> and you succeeded.  Congratulation!
>
> Geoff

> Archives located at:
> http://www.meteoritecentral.com/list_best.html