The kids

 Hi Stuart,

    I like what you said about the kids. Thats the first
 time I have heard  that said about the kids on the
 list.
     Well I have done two shows in St Louis (2 years now) both
 times I have given kids meteorites and only kids,
 The adults have held their hand out for one but I
 always say no its not for them, its for kids only.
     Heres what I do, from the cutting of meteorites I get
 alot of little pieces left over, crumbs. I take these and put them
 in little coin holders or sometimes called  flips, and mark each
as to what they are.
   When I then set up at a show, I keep a close eye on who's
 watching my exhibit ,  if I see a kid who becomes
 interested in looking at my meteorites. I walk over and ask him
 if he has ever seen a falling star, I then ask him if he knows what one
 looks like,  if it ever makes it to the ground. I then ask him or her if
 they would like a piece of a falling star.  (WOW ) the look in their
 eyes when I hand them one of those little coin holders with the
 meteorite in there.

 Its great stuff, I only wish I had met someone like me when I was 10
 years old.Instead it took me 45 years, and then I had to do
 it on my own from the beginning.

 Many many times I have handed them out to people I work with to give to
 their kids and I have handed them to kids who hang around the house or
 near by the house.

 Take Care,
 Tim Heitz

Archives located at: