portales

It is with this final comment that I now bow out of this list, and the
realm of the collector/dealer, as many an e-mail I received was less
than friendly. Not a big deal to me, as I never strive for popular
opinion. However opening my mail box to such is less than encouraging

It seems to me money is a factor, more so than anything else in enjoying
meteorites. I am not going judge individuals as right and wrong in
buying meteorites, as that is a wholly different story as to what my
point is. A story I have no interest in quite frankly.

I am going to suggest that selling a meteorite before knowing exactly
what classification it is may not be the best. What if something turns
out to not be what we previously thought it to be.Is the worth to be
driven downward, and those that bought it suffer that consequence? In
fairness,the converse to the above can happen as well. However, playing
a stock market game demeans the true value of the science, that is,
expanding our views of the solar system, and universe we live in.

Frank