Re: Meteorite Economics 101

Very briefly, as it regards economics...

Please note that Mr. Arnold conveniently left out a rather relevant detail
in my acquisition of Portales Valley at $4/gram: it happened to be a 6.5 Kg
mass...which required a substantial investment.

Further, as Arnold is well aware, I made this acquisition to lower my
average cost per gram: I had previously paid far more for several smaller
masses.

Several dealers expressed their displeasure by my having undercut their
prices. The fact is that I attempted to find a balance between not
compromising others by not offering Portales Valley too inexpensively---yet
still maintain a competitive edge. That is solely why I have ATTEMPTED to
sell smaller specimens at the same price level previously established by
others...and this is precisely why my small $25/gram specimens have not
created nearly as much excitement as the larger discounted specimens.

Please also note that Arnold failed to mention that Haag's acquisition of
the main mass of Esquel was for a six figure sum...nearly ten years ago.

Only in Arnold's odd reality are such considerations not relevant.

Archives located at:

For help, FAQ's and sub. info. visit: