BACK IN GOOD OLD 1929

Dear Gregory:

Thanks for your excellent post ("Meteorite Economics -- 1929") which was
entertaining and illuminating, and also remarkably poignant. It's almost as
if the passage had been created specifically to comment on the current
market. Imagine how much "five or ten dollars a gram" would be worth today
in 1929 dollars!

Well, it's comforting (or should that read scary) to see that we're just
following in time honored footsteps.

My favorite quote: "certain rare falls were represented by fragments
weighing but 0.1 or 0.2 of a gram, or a little larger than the point of an
ordinary lead pencil" (of course, we don't use "ordinary lead pencils" in
the swinging '90s, but still, we do get the point -- no pun intended)

Thanks for doing thorough research and finding such a timely comment. I
want a copy of this book.

Geoffrey N.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Geoffrey Notkin
Senior Art Director
Stanegate Studios/Aleatoric Art Works, USA
P.O. Box 3,  Hoboken, NJ  07030-0003  USA

Telephone: (201) 435-8888
            Fax:  (201) 435-8886

Email: geoking@intercall.com
            ammonite@aol.com