Re: Great Siberian Explosion

Now I can't recall the specifics, but I believe a study by
Miller and Urey (UCLA?) created "life" by interacting an electrical charge
with the amino acids in a lab.  This is the basis of the "primordial soup",
out of which life crawled, wherelightening was the electrical charge.  Maybe
some of our biologists can shed way more light than I can.....

Hi Matt and all,

I believe that Carl Sagan might have first done something like that at Berkley
but who knows if other studies were also conducted later by others. My 2 cents
worth anyway.

--AL

Archives located at:

For help, FAQ's and sub. info. visit: