Re: Iridium near fossils?

In your message dated Sunday 27, September 1998 you wrote :
> I was wondering if anybody had a scientific paper reference on the
> global fire scenario. I know that popular media has mentioned it, but is
> there actual proof? I have looked myself at various places for a paper,
> but nothing specific. So if you can help, that would be great.

Frank,

You should try to get hold of Wolbach, W.S., Gilmour, I., and Anders, E. Major
Wildfires at the Cretaceous/Tertiary Boundary, in Sharpton, V.L., and Ward.,
P.D. (Eds.) Global Catastrophes in Earth History. Geological Society of America
Special Paper 247 (1990) ISBN 0-8137-2247-0

Hope that helps.

--
Phil Bagnall
http://www.ticetboo.demon.co.uk/