Re: Meteorite "worth"

Sharkkb8@aol.com

><< ......becoming aware as to what dealers sell meteorites  for-- not what
>they are actually worth. >>
>
>I am unclear what this means.  Isn't a meteorite "worth" what someone will
>pay for it?   I am not suggesting that people don't pay too much on occasion,
>I'm speaking in very broad brushstrokes.  If there is an overall, average,
>prevailing
>price for a meteorite (even if that average price happens to be rapidly
>increasing from month to month) isn't that price, by definition, what it is
>worth?     Gregory

 I think this is lesson 1 in enconomics 101. Supply and demand.
Gregory your reasoning is valid. As supply of type is short and demand
constant or higher the price will rise. A steady supply won't happen
until we begin to harvest the planets and their debris. I understand
there are several folks working on this problem as we write. As
collectors that can only mean higher prices, for we will have to pay the
cost of this harvesting.

Larry Davison

Archives located at:

For help, FAQ's and sub. info. visit: