Meteorite origins

  I have a question regarding the origins of meteorites. How can it be
proven merely through chemical analysis that a meteorite is either
Lunar, or Martian in origin? There are other bodies in the Solar System
that have the same chemical make up as the moon and Mars. So how can
someone say that DAG 400, Zagami, etc. come from the moon and Mars?
Unless every asteroid, planet, and moon in the solar system has been
analysed, I would tend to be a little hesitant making such claims.

Archives located at:

For help, FAQ's and sub. info. visit: