Re: Meteorite "worth" (short, but "warning" nonetheless...)

Steve, our entire little meteorite-value-waltz lately was sparked by the
following brief exchange:

Steve:
<< ......what dealers sell meteorites  for-- not what
    they are actually worth. >>

Gregory:
>I am unclear what this means.  Isn't a meteorite "worth" what someone will
>pay for it?

You took me to task for that statement (quite eloquently, I might add), but
now on page 16       ;>)     of your most recent post you say:

<< The only thing that determines what they command on the open market is
 as you say--
 what people pay.    >>

So, can I assume we're now in agreement?   (A pleasure sparring with you!)

Gregory

Archives located at:

For help, FAQ's and sub. info. visit: