Re: Fw: Meteorite "worth"

>Hello Steve,
>
>Steve, have you ever thought about becoming a gold dealer?

Not really, but in my philosophal studies of *worth*, the subject
of gold I have found is like the tip of an iceburg in the psyche of
man.

But I will say this about gold, if I had money to *invest* that is
where I would put it.  Unless man can produce it at less then $270
per/ounce then it is at rock bottom now.  Investors in the long term
look for low risk.  When the price and risk are low, you buy-- and
when the heard finally turns in your direction, then you sell high.

That is how smart investors make money.

But for me, gold is an interesting object study in how we as human
beings value things.

Interestingly, I have in the past offered to trade meteorites for
gold.  Oddly, I had very few takers, as it seems those who have gold
*value* it more than the paper money in their pockets, or the
meteorites that I have offered.

Something deeply rooted in the psyche, I suppose.  Something to do
with that *subjective* notion of *worth*.

Steve Schoner
AMS

>Steve Arnold

>Archives located at: