Metal Detectors

For those who want to find meteorites, use only the good gold machines.
Dennis is right, listen to John B. He is the master of masters.
The White's Goldmaster detectors are your best bet but I don't do too shabby
with my Gold Bug 2.  It isn't that the Goldmasters are better than the Gold
Bugs, its just that John is so much better that me.  For every meteorite that
I find, he finds 3.  For every nugget I find he finds a pocket full.
John B. is correct.  Stony meteorites sound like hot rocks, which is what you
want your detector to find.  You don't want a detector to discriminate out
the hot rocks.
If you have lots of ground to cover, by all means get the large 14 Inch coil.
 One can cover twice the area in one sweep as compared to the smaller coils
and depth is naturally added with the larger coil.  Always, I repeat, always
use head phones.  Forget the snakes.  If you don't see him while swinging
your detector then you are sleeping and might as well go home because you
won't find meteorites anyway.
Happy Hunting.
Bob B.

P.S.  Leave the magnet on a cane home.