Elongated asteroids

Hello List and Ron,

My original question below from two weeks ago about
determining the composition of asteroid 1999 AN10 , got obscured by
discussions
on magnitude, orbit, and the Yarkovsky effect.  My own fault because I'm all
over the place:-)

Now, with the logical theory presented by  Stephen Wampler, about elongated
asteroids
being weaker,  I want to get back to one of my rainy day questions:

Have we yet determined the composition of 1999 An10 (or the shape)?  Is it
far enough now from the glare of the sun to know it's exact magnitude for
determining it's composition or is there another way to determine
composition at this stage of it's orbit?

An iron, I would
imagine, would have a higher degree of safety with regard stability and
deflecting it away from Earth as a counter measure.  (Bonus points if it is
also spherical:-)

 Further, if it is an iron, couldn't we consider using alternate methods of
deflecting it other than with solid matter,  for example with, say, a
massive repelling magnetic field whose source emanates from a space station
somewhere at a safe distance from the atmosphere?  This is sounding quite
sci-fi and quite 21th century science as well.

Best Regards,
Julia