Re: Close-Call Asteroid Coming

Everyone is talking about the asteroid hitting Earth, but....

* Are there any groups trying to find objects that might hit the moon, or
other planets?
This would yield great scientific information about cosmic collisions, and
further our
understanding of what may happen to Earth in such an event. (Similar to the
comet hitting
Jupiter - How cool was that ?)

* What are the chances of the asteroid hitting the moon? Probably too far
out to predict.

* Could the moon be used as a shield?
Ahh, who knows at this point. I know I may be out there, but aren't we all?

Imagine the fallout from such an impact with the moon!!
A chance to prove/disprove tektite origins?

Dan Douglas
Colorado Springs, CO

Archives located at:

For help, FAQ's and sub. info. visit: