Re: Fwd: news release - LUNAR PROSPECTOR SET TO MAKE SCIENCE "SPLASH"

Hi all,

I saw on the news last night that the MIR Space Station is to be abandoned and
fall back to earth like Skylab.  I was wondering if the "fall" could be directed
to a desert somewhere (preferable near my home), so we could go collect the
pieces.  Does the craft have the ability to do this or will it be anybody's
guess like skylab.

Have there been other reported falls of "junk from space"  Where can we collect
pieces of that?

Cheers,

Jeffrey Grantham

Archives located at: