Dr. King's Autobiography: "Moon Trip"

Hello List,

Some unusual new items have come up for sale from the King Collection, and
I thought I would post a note about them for those who are interested.

1)  The King estate has located a limited number of copies of Dr. King's
autobiography, "Moon Trip," and asked me to make them available to
collectors. As many of you know, Dr. King was the first to recognize the
need for a sterile facility to study and quarantine lunar rocks -- years
before the first samples were returned by the Apollo astronauts. He helped
design this facility (the Lunar Receiving Laboratory) and was one of the
first people ever to examine lunar material. He later went on to be the
curator of NASA's lunar sample collection. But that is only a small part of
the story. Dr. King was also one of the scientists responsible for training
the Apollo astronauts in field geology, and in "Moon Trip" he recounts his
meetings with Neil Armstrong, Buzz Aldrin, Jim Lovell (of Apollo 13 fame)
and many of the other astronauts.

This book will be of great interest to meteorite collectors and space
exploration enthusiasts. Copies are available for $20. "Moon Trip" is well
illustrated with many black and white photos. We have a few photos and a
quote up on the web site. Please visit my web site for ordering info.

2) "Moon Trip" also includes a fascinating account of Dr. King's whirlwind
trip to Mexico, just hours after the famous Allende meteorite shower. Dr.
King was first the first scientist on the scene, where he found numerous
specimens himself, and purchased others from locals. Only 101 hours after
the fall, Dr. King was back in Houston with fresh pieces of the now-famous
carbonaceous chondrite for study. The King Collection includes a good
number of Allende specimens of all sizes -- from the very large to the very
small -- and wešve decided to offer these at a fixed price. There are some
sample photos on my web site. Some of these Allendes were doubtless found
by Dr. King himself, and a couple of them are pictured in "Moon Trip."

For more information, please visit http://www.meteoritebroker.com, and
follow the links to the King Collection.

Sincerely,

Steve Arnold

Archives located at:

For help, FAQ's and sub. info. visit: