Catch a Falling Star

I have just finished reading Nininger's Catch a Falling Star.

In my youth in the 60's I read Out of the Sky, and a few other
works by Nininger and bought his study kits and oxide fragments,
as well as sending many 'meteorwrongs' to the American Meteorite
Laboratory for analysis.

Until now, though, I hadn't known too much about his personal life.

I was wondering if the lack of respect he received during
most of his career was due to his being a former biologist -
with no educational system training in minerology or geology, etc.

I don't know if anyone on the list can answer that, but I'm sure there
is a great collection of anecdotal information on that topic.

Also, when did Dr. Nininger die?

I had always pronounced his name 'nin in jer', but reading as he was
German, I suppose it is 'nin in ger'.

--
Jim Hurley

Archives located at: