Re: Disco ball in space?

Hi Gene,

Thanks for your note.  Is there information available on the Iridium flares,
when and where?  I am not familiar with this experiment.  Sounds very
interesting!!

Cheers,

Jeffrey Grantham

"Gene Marlin" <rmarlin@network-one.com> on 06/06/99 03:09:10 PM

Please respond to "Gene Marlin" <rmarlin@network-one.com>

To:   meteorite-list@meteoritecentral.com
cc:    (bcc: Jeffrey Grantham/Boulder/IBM)
Subject:  Re: Disco ball in space?

>http://www.gsoc.dlr.de/satvis/
>
>The Iridium flares are quite nice too.
>Dave

I believe this is probably the best method for spotting satellites. I
noticed that they just added Starshine to their special-interest satellites,
and even have a graphic showing its location above the Earth. (They used to
show the position of ISS, but now temporarily display Starshine instead.)

I agree with Dave that the Iridium flares are also great, I have seen Mag -6
flares, and I am heartily awaiting the -7 flare in a few days!

Archives located at:

For help, FAQ's and sub. info. visit: