Re: Iridium flares / answer

grantham@us.ibm.com wrote:

> Hi Gene,
>
> Thanks for your note.  Is there information available on the Iridium flares,
> when and where?  I am not familiar with this experiment.  Sounds very
> interesting!!
>
> Cheers,
>
> Jeffrey Grantham

This is somehow off-topic, but just an answer to Jeffrey´s question he
asked here on the meteorite list, and it may be interesting for all
those who like to have their heads up every now and then for some
interesting observations in the nightsky. I´ve seen many of these
Iridium flares since last year, with the brightest one reaching a
gorgeous mag -8 on the astronomical brightness scale!

Jeffrey, the site you are looking for is:
http://www.satellite.eu.org/sat/vsohp/iridium.html

Good luck,
Alex
(...and now back to meteorites!...:-)
--
Alexander Seidel        My location on planet Earth
Dankersstrasse 22       N 53.5932  E 9.4683  6m asl

Archives located at:

For help, FAQ's and sub. info. visit: