vacation planning

Hello List,

Thursday morning we leave Wisconsin on a family vacation through the
Southwest.  I would like to include plenty of meteorite related activities
in our schedule.  Our route will include Dallas, Odessa, Tucson, the Grand
Canyon, Meteor Crater, Albuquerque, and Denver.  I would like to visit with
any meteorite dealers along the way.  I am eager to add to my modest
collection.  Please reply with phone number and best time to call.

I would also like to try my hand at hunting for meteorites.  I have a good
metal detector, and have made a meteorite cane.  I need advice about where
to hunt.  Maybe a successful hunter would be willing to help a beginner in
exchange for selling some meteorites?  We won't have a lot of time for
hunting, but it sure would be great to find one!

The AAA tour book lists a meteorite museum in Albuquerque.  Is it worth a
visit?  Are there other exhibits worth seeing?  Any other advice would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ted Kordes

Archives located at: