Re: (meteorite-list) list policy poll

This comment was posted on meteorite-list:
>>All other discussions really wouldn't fit here.  (I.e.,  UFOs, an
>>interesting albeit controversial topic, has NO place here.  There are
>>lots of other forums on the Internet for discussions of this subject--
>>in fact, it so dominates the mass media that I think we should try
>>to exclude it here and make clear our editorial guidelines for
>>participation in the discussion group.)

And George Zay responded:
>You might want to try posting UFO related ideas onto the meteor
>observers mailing list. They are more receptive towards the absurd.

is referring to here, is *NOT* a list where UFOs and related phenomena are
considered on-topic. Mr. Zay has gotten into very public disagreements
with some of the other active members of 'meteorobs' in the past, and so
has chosen to express his rancour against the list in this way.

But 'meteorite-list' readers can clearly see for themselves what is and is
not considered on-topic on 'meteorobs' - and may also gain some insights
into Mr. Zay himself - by browsing the 'meteorobs' Web Archive at:

    http://www.tiac.net/users/lewkaren/meteorobs

BTW, some meteorite enthusiasts may also find their interest in meteors
(the light phenomena which result from atmospheric entry of meteoroids),
and may end up deciding to join 'meteorobs' themselves... :)

Clear skies to all, and many meteors!
Lew Gramer <owner-meteorobs@jovian.com>

Archives located at:

For help, FAQ's and sub. info. visit: