Looking for Meteorite with Infrared biniculars

Dear George and list members,

in October 1995 I made a fascinating trip to the Soutwest of the USA,
including a Meteor Crater walk with Gene Shoemaker and searching for
meteorites in the Holbrook strewnfield.
After having searched for the last(?) small L6 chondrites from this
1912-fall (that are still remarkably fresh!) with moderate success
(I found about two dozends of VERY tiny fragments and individuals),
I strolled through the rock shops of Holbrook in order to buy some
more (hopefully larger) meteorites from the Holbrook fall.
In the "Pow How Trading Post" I found a rock hound with the name of
GARY LADY, who claimed, that he uses to go out to the strewnfield at
night searching for Holbrook meteorites with special glasses that
show these chondrites as flourescent objects...
I did not believe him at that time, therefore I didn't ask him for
details, but after reading you mail, George, I remembered this story.
I'm not sure if GARY LADY is online or any members of this list might
know him. But it may be worth contacting him!?

With kind regards

Dieter Heinlein, Germany

Archives located at:

For help, FAQ's and sub. info. visit: