"NEW" DAG489

You are right. If somebody found more Zagami and it was not given a
different name it would not be considered a new meteorite. If for some
reason it was deemed for some reason by the meteor naming people that it
should have a different name though I think that people would want both in
their collection. Lets get a ruling from the meteor naming organization.
What is the next meteorite going to be - the 14th or the 15th? This does
bring up an interesting  point because there is always debate about pairing
of meteorites. Many of the DAg and sahara ones are beleived to be paired but
does have a different history so is somehow different. I still dont think
that calling DAG489 the "newest" is wrong but if somebody marketed DAG476 as
the newest I think that everybody would consider that wrong. No matter which
is correct buyers would not want DAG476 if buying DAG489.
As to the other e-mail posting: Looks like I lost the election to be called
"The Mars Man". I do have 5 different Mars rocks (Counting both DAG476 and
DAG489) and soon I will have 6 as I bought a Nakhla from the King collection
that I expect to arrive next week so I will soon have 6 mars rocks for sale
in micromounts. Just call me runner up (But you can still feel free to buy
some from me)
Cheers
DEAN BESSEY
http://www.meteoriteshop.com/