Re: Dag 489/DAG 476

Joel, Walter, David, Dean & List,
	Since the  Meteoritical Bullentin declared DAG 476 & DAG 489 one in the
same, I have not bothered to get DAG 489 for my own collection nor to
offer it for sale - either individually or as part of a complete set -
especially with the EXCEPTIONAL thin slices of
DAG 476 being available at a price I consider outstanding (I can afford
to sell it for $2,200/gr - fairly spectacular for a piece of Mars AND
one that is, in many ways, in my opinion, the most beautiful of the
non-Antarctic SNCs AND one of which the TKW is so exceptionally low
{about 2 kg ea for DAG 476 & DAG489}. Everyone knows the vast majority
of this material will go to and stay in institutions - but, obviously,
we have at least several
dozens of grams available to the private sector at this time -
this will likely change in the not too distant future).
	I certainly have no objections to identifying a source as
DAG 489, (though the nomenclature committee would be far
more qualified to comment on such a practice) but I would certainly note
that it had been determined to be part of the same fall as DAG 476.
	Best wishes, Michael

Archives located at:

For help, FAQ's and sub. info. visit: