Meteorites preserving

Hello list!

Does any of you know if there is a particular problem in the meteorites long
term preservation (besides well known meteorites, Campo del Cielo for
example).

I do collect them in micromount 1"x1" clear plastic boxes, which I don't
really trust. I there a potential problem there? When I was younger, I've
collected coins in plastic containers, and what I have now is GREEN silver
coins!!! I just don't want to have the same problem whith meteorites!!

Best regards,

Julien

Archives located at:

For help, FAQ's and sub. info. visit: