Re: Search meteorites in desert

Michael Blood wrote:

>least one other hunter & once with 6 - no one I was with found ANY.
>	The stories Steve Shoner has told me about hunting Glorietta lead me to
>believe he is GIVING that stuff away at $8/g.
>	Anyone elso on the list know of ANYWHERE it is "easy" to find
>meteorites? (if so, LET'S GO!)
>	Best wishes, Michael

Right!

When you consider all the time I have logged at Glorieta, I have given them
away at $8 per gram.  Over the 18 years that I have searched, the thousands
of miles, the hiking shoes wasted (50-60) the injuries, and metal detectors
ruined-- is it worth it.  You better love to hike-- because that is about
the only joy you wil get out of it until you find one.  And it is the big
ones that drove me on.  I have a 1.59 kilo, pallasitic mass, and a 2.7 kilo
siderite, the latter I have listed at $5 per/gram.  But I have reconsidered
its sale, and have decided to take it off my list.

All the others I have sold and that leaves me with only one left--
81 grams @ $7 per/gram.

After that one is gone there will be no more from me-- At 48 and going
on 49, my love of hiking has diminished.  My mind wants to go, but my
body hesitates.  I leave Glorieta to younger bucks.

Steve Schoner
American Meteorite Survey
>Archives located at:
>http://www.meteoritecentral.com/list_best.html