Re: Virus!!! ON OUR METEORITE LIST!

Here is more info about the virus, and it sure looks like a virus HAS just
been sent to our list.

Issue: Removing the HAPPY.EXE e-mail worm

Document: 00014

Created: Mar 26, 99
  Applies to: Windows 95/98

Modified: Mar 26, 99

  A worm is a type of virus. Users spreading this virus are generally
unaware of it until they receive complaints from the people
  they've sent it to. It modifies wsock32.dll. It has no terrible
consequences at this point, other than replacing all outgoing e-mail
  with an attached copy of itself. As with any virus, it should be removed.

----------
>From: "jjswaim" <MissionControl@email.msn.com>
>To: "meteorite-list" <meteorite-list@meteoritecentral.com>
>Subject: Virus!!!??? Delete 'cef's' 2nd message from Bolivia
>Date: Wed, May 26, 1999, 11:42 AM
>

> As I recall this Happy.exe is a virus.  Do not open it expecting to see a
> picture of the adventure.   Please
> confirm.......anyone who knows.

> Archives located at:
> http://www.meteoritecentral.com/list_best.html