Re: odd meteorite on eBay

Dave and the List,
P.T.Barnum once wrote, "There's a sucker born every minute".  I'm sure the
new owner of this "meteorite" will receive the education he (or she)
definitely needs.....the hard way.
I wonder why the "Meteorite Sheriff" hasn't interceded with this one.  I
guess when the sheriff ran off with Miss Kitty the deputies took off their
badges too.

Best Regards,

John G

At 05:57 AM 11/13/99 -0700, Dave Andrews wrote:
>Well, the chunk of lava is now up to $201.  I guess I'm going to have to
>start picking up these pieces, as Northern AZ (including Sedona) is
>loaded with them.
>
>Amazed and confused,
>DNA
>
>dean bessey wrote:
>>
>> My apologies to list members who hate eBay but is anybody suspicious of
this
>> eBay lot? http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=195523864
>> This sentence sounds odd:  the multiple pitting shows bombardment by
>> other particles".
>> Just wondering
>> Sincerely
>> DEAN BESSEY