Re: Odd meteorite on Ebay-Earlier post

Dear Mike, Bob, George, Will and Bill and List;
Who needs the Meteorite Sheriff when we have the "Good Will Militia".
Dictionary notes that they drill once in a while and come out in
emergencies...how fitting.
What a grand adventure, Thank You!
Humble rocker,
Dave Freeman  109.13' w  41.35'n (somewheres west)

Mikestockj@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 11/15/99 10:23:06 AM Mountain Standard Time, warr@arn.net
> writes:
>
> << My two cents........
>
>      I think it is up to a buyer to educate themselves before they buy.  We
>  can't save people from their stupidity or protect them from themselves.  We
>  makes ourselves feel real good to think we are the Federal Meteorite
>  Officials, but we aren't.
>

>  Joel
>   >>
> Hi Joel
> I hope or believe that everybody wants to learn as much as they can about
> their hobby.  I also believe one of the main reasons to subscribe to this
> list is educational.  I know I have learned a lot about meteorites from this
> list.  I also hope that everybody's goal is help encourage new people to get
> interested in meteorites.  So it would be very detrimental to the Ebay bidder
> and possibly our hobby to not help stop these unscrupulous people.
> The good news is this Ebay bidder did not win the rock because he did not
> meet the reserve.  I emailed him and told him that I felt it was probably not
> a meteorite and certainly should be tested before any money changes hand.  He
> replied that he asked the seller for more info but did not get a response.  I
> also asked the seller for more info and did not get a response.  Perhaps this
> silence is all the answer we need.
> In a follow up email to the Ebay bidder I offered to help him in any way I
> could.  I would encourage everybody else to help educate and inform all who
> are interested in meteorites.
> My more than two cents worth.
> Mike Jensen

> Archives located at: